The Mazeppist

A Transgressive Transcendentalist manifesto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dar ul-Fikr, Colorado, United States

Part Irish, part Dervish, ecstatic humanist, critical Modernist, transgressive Transcendentalist.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Words


What I like about my madness is that it has safeguarded me, from the very first, against the blandishments of "the elite": I have never seen myself as the happy owner of a "talent": my one concern was to save myself--nothing in my hands, nothing in my pockets--through work and faith. Now at last my unadulterated choice did not set me up above anyone: with neither tools nor equipment, I gave my entire self to the task of saving my entire self. If I put away Salvation among the stage properties as impossible, what is left? A whole man, made of all men, worth all of them, and any one of them worth him.

                                                                                Jean-Paul Sartre

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home