The Mazeppist

A Transgressive Transcendentalist manifesto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dar ul-Fikr, Colorado, United States

Part Irish, part Dervish, ecstatic humanist, critical Modernist, transgressive Transcendentalist.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

T. S. Eliot & Martin Heidegger


Poetically man dwells and Eliot was without question one of the strongest poets writing in English in the last 200 years. He was a contemporary of Heidegger’s and his politics and Heidegger’s seem to have converged at points. As an historian of religions, I am inevitably a cultural historian. Querying beyng, I see these two geniuses emerge independent of one another in varying degrees of harmony and dissonance. Heidegger teaches us to attend to significant detail and to derive meaning from context; I am not interested, therefore, in discovering if one thinker or the other is good, better, or best. Both proved themselves not only good but great. I attend to their various attunements and check them against my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home