The Mazeppist

A Transgressive Transcendentalist manifesto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dar ul-Fikr, Colorado, United States

Part Irish, part Dervish, ecstatic humanist, critical Modernist, transgressive Transcendentalist.

Friday, November 27, 2015

From Yunus Emre's Divan CLXXIX













I am not permanent here; I came here to leave.
I am a merchant with many goods I came to sell.

I did not come to fight, I came for love.
The house of the Friend is the heart; I came to heal hearts.

My madness is because of the Friend; those who are in love understand.
Changing the duality, I came to reach oneness.

He is my teacher and I am his servant; I am the nightingale of the garden of the Friend.
In the garden of the Friend, I came to be happy and sing.

Those who cannot know each other here, cannot know each other in the Hereafter.
I came here to become acquainted with my Friend and to explain my situation.

Yunus Emre has fallen in love and has died of love.
I came to explain my situation at the gate of the true Friend.

(tr. Zekeriya Baskal)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home