The Mazeppist

A Transgressive Transcendentalist manifesto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dar ul-Fikr, Colorado, United States

Part Irish, part Dervish, ecstatic humanist, critical Modernist, transgressive Transcendentalist.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Annals of Criminality

While cleaning out my "sent-mail" file, I came across another gem. On 7/14/2003, I sent the following email to Senator Joseph Biden at Senator@Biden.Senate.gov. Here is the text of that message:

Dear Senator Biden: I appreciate the fact that you are actively challenging the Administration for claims it made to justify its war aims. I would draw your attention to an article that was published in the NYT on 2-24-03, prior to the US invasion. The article was written by the Times' Jerusalem Bureau chief, James Bennet. In this article, Bennet quoted Israeli military intelligence sources to the effect that the Israelis saw Iraq as NO THREAT whatsoever, that Saddam may have been attempting to obtain WMDs, but they he DID NOT HAVE THEM. On the basis of that article, I was confident before the US invasion that the Bush Administration's claims about Iraq were false and that they KNEW they were false--because I find it very difficult to believe that the Israelis shared this intelligence with the NYT but not the CIA or the White House. Please, sir, keep the pressure up on Bush and Co. Their mendacity should earn them just recompense. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter of critical importance to our country's future. Sincerely, [name omitted here]

I'm still waiting to hear from Big Joe. I know he's busy. And I'm not exactly a constituent...

Again, as Bob Dole used to say (about Mr. Clinton, as I recall): WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home