The Mazeppist

A Transgressive Transcendentalist manifesto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dar ul-Fikr, Colorado, United States

Part Irish, part Dervish, ecstatic humanist, critical Modernist, transgressive Transcendentalist.

Friday, July 10, 2015

The Way From Knowledge To Vision















Passion for that Beloved brought me out of learning and reciting so that I became mad and distracted.
Once I took my way earnestly to prayer rug and mosque; I put on the shirt of abstinence to increase good works.
Love entered the mosque and said, "Right-guided master, rend the bond of being; why are you in bondage to prayer?
Let not your heart tremble before the blow of my sword; lay down your neck, if you wish to journey from knowledge to vision..."

--Mevlana, Mystical Poems of Rumi, tr. Arberry, # 320.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home